Attention and Concentration
- how long?
- How do you know you have lost their attention?
- How long do they need to recover?
- What is the best method of signalling a loss of attention and concentration?
- abilities to describe people and places
- extent of their vocabulary
- word finding difficulties
- abilities to suppress colourful language a
- abilities to sequence a narrative
- use of AAC such as writing, drawing or a communication aid
- use of gesture, facial expression, body language
- can they take turns in conversation?
- Can they stay on topic?
- length of sentence
- legal terminology
- speed of processing
- grammatical complexity
- tag questions
- written language
- figurative language
- body language and intonation
- do they stammer?
- is their speech unclear?
- What strategies have they got?
- Can they correct themselves if their message is not clear?
Suggestibility an ability to challenge
- do they try to answer questions they can't know the answer to?
- are they able to say they don't know or don't understand
- Will they correct me if I am wrong?
- Do they agree with the load of the question?